OFFICE MANAGER POSITION(S) AVAILABLE
The Downtown Ithaca Alliance (DIA), the nonprofit organization charged with the management, promotion, marketing, and revitalization of Downtown Ithaca, is seeking either one full-time or two half-time person(s) for the role of Office Manager.
The DIA Office Manager(s) will be responsible for managing and supporting the development, marketing, events, operations, and transportation professional staff of the organization. Half time will be devoted to the back of the house (organizing and running of a busy office environment) including but not limited to:
- File management and maintenance
- Meeting and calendar scheduling
- Executive Director support
- Managing and monitoring databases
- Overseeing office supplies, including re-stocking, and equipment, including computers and software
- Serving the visiting public and managing our gift card program
A second half-time will be devoted to proving office support for a new transportation demand management program (TDM) run by the DIA. This position will:
- Prepare a complete and accurate database of all office, businesses, shops, and restaurants, including primary contacts for TDM matters.
- Schedule appointments for TDM staff and manage their calendars.
- Inventory supplies needed for fulfillment.
- Provide support for TDM staff.
These two half-time positions can be separate or combined depending on prospective applicants. As a full-time position, this will be a 35-40 hour/week job with full-time employee benefits, including health insurance. Certain pro-rated benefits are available for part-time employees. The wage range for this position is $15.00 – $16.00/ hour depending on qualifications.
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong, demonstrable office support and office management skills;
- Have excellent communications skills with the general public and with the clientele of the DIA;
- Background providing administrative support and office management;
- Have strong typing and database skills;
- Have a basic understanding of computers and software so as to be able to monitor problems and seek appropriate help;
- Have excellent time management skills and be a self-starter;
- Work well with colleagues and with clients and visitors;
- Be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked office environment;
- Have an interest in the revitalization, management, and promotion of downtown Ithaca
- Maintain an orderly, clean & systematic work environment and greeting center.
- Keep common areas and general office materials neat and orderly
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the job(s) are filled. To apply, please email or drop off a current resume and a cover letter outlining the position(s) for which you are applying to: email@example.com or Downtown Ithaca Alliance, 171 The Commons, #136, Ithaca, NY 14850