|Ithaca College is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year during the weekend of November 3-5. The weekend will also include the inauguration of IC’s new president, Shirley Collado, alumni class reunions and host the annual family weekend crowd. It will be a busy and celebratory time for college and we hope to the Ithaca community.
To kick off the weekend, IC is planning a Welcome Back Party to happen all over Downtown Ithaca on Friday, November 3rd.
The Ithaca Marriott will be a check-in and base camp for the alum weekend kick-off and we are expecting approximately
Downtown Ithaca Alliance is teaming up with IC to help the college bring their activities downtown. We will be collecting a guide of things to do while they are downtown to celebrate.
We are looking for downtown businesses who are interested in helping IC welcome their guests and there are a number of ways you can get involved.
There are a number of opportunities and ways to get involved including:
We will be coordinating with Ithaca College to help promote the weekend. Please take a minute to fill out the sign-up form. A promotion will be rolling, but the earlier you sign-up then more your business will be featured in marketing efforts.
General participation registration deadline:
If you are a restaurant/bar looking to host a reunion gathering, please contact by August 1st :
OFFICE MANAGER POSITION(S) AVAILABLE
The Downtown Ithaca Alliance (DIA), the nonprofit organization charged with the management, promotion, marketing, and revitalization of Downtown Ithaca, is seeking either one full-time or two half-time person(s) for the role of Office Manager.
The DIA Office Manager(s) will be responsible for managing and supporting the development, marketing, events, operations, and transportation professional staff of the organization. Half time will be devoted to the back of the house (organizing and running of a busy office environment) including but not limited to:
- File management and maintenance
- Meeting and calendar scheduling
- Executive Director support
- Managing and monitoring databases
- Overseeing office supplies, including re-stocking, and equipment, including computers and software
- Serving the visiting public and managing our gift card program
A second half-time will be devoted to proving office support for a new transportation demand management program (TDM) run by the DIA. This position will:
- Prepare a complete and accurate database of all office, businesses, shops, and restaurants, including primary contacts for TDM matters.
- Schedule appointments for TDM staff and manage their calendars.
- Inventory supplies needed for fulfillment.
- Provide support for TDM staff.
These two half-time positions can be separate or combined depending on prospective applicants. As a full-time position, this will be a 35-40 hour/week job with full-time employee benefits, including health insurance. Certain pro-rated benefits are available for part-time employees. The wage range for this position is $15.00 – $16.00/ hour depending on qualifications.
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong, demonstrable office support and office management skills;
- Have excellent communications skills with the general public and with the clientele of the DIA;
- Background providing administrative support and office management;
- Have strong typing and database skills;
- Have a basic understanding of computers and software so as to be able to monitor problems and seek appropriate help;
- Have excellent time management skills and be a self-starter;
- Work well with colleagues and with clients and visitors;
- Be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked office environment;
- Have an interest in the revitalization, management, and promotion of downtown Ithaca
- Maintain an orderly, clean & systematic work environment and greeting center.
- Keep common areas and general office materials neat and orderly
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the job(s) are filled. To apply, please email or drop off a current resume and a cover letter outlining the position(s) for which you are applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Downtown Ithaca Alliance, 171 The Commons, #136, Ithaca, NY 14850